Take a Tour
Start learning how to trade like a pro today! It's fun AND easy! Since 1998, we have been the leading fantasy stock market game in the world. Smartstocks.com is an easy way to learn the market. Try it with your class, your family, or your friends at work.
From investing basics to detailed technical analysis, The Smartstocks.com Girls teach you by video at your own pace. They offer you a wealth of interesting videos designed to help you educate yourself and make confident investment decisions. Additional video courses are always being filmed, so soon you’ll be able to certify in several areas of financial literacy.
Are you a new investor? Are you upgrading your skills and understanding? Get a free market education by learning how to trade with $1 million dollars in virtual money that you can trade in our online fantasy stock game. Financial education is your greatest ally if you want to survive and conquer Wall Street’s world. Our new learning center--Smartstocks.com University--is a resource to gamers, professors, and students. Keep checking in for new videos, news, and content. You can interact with other traders, and try your best to win our monthly stock market simulation game competition.
- If you know the ticker symbol of the stocks you wish to purchase then you can enter the ticker symbol into the field labeled: "Ticker", enter the number of shares of the stock you would like to purchase in the field labeled: "Number of shares", click the radio button labeled "Buy" and then click the "Complete Transaction" button. You may want to get a current stock quote before buying or selling to determine the cash value of the transaction (you cannot buy more shares than you have money for). To get a current stock quote, enter the ticker symbol of the stock in question into the "stock quote" field at the top of the frame and click "Go". If you do not know the ticker symbol of the company you wish to buy then you can enter the name of the company you wish to buy into the field labeled: "Ticker Lookup" and click "Go". For instance, if you entered "Microsoft" you would find that its ticker symbol is "MSFT". If you want some ideas of what stocks to buy you can look at some of our Sample Portfolios buy clicking the "Sample Portfolio" link on the left side-bar.
Rules for Stock Market Simulation Game
1. Each player begins the simulation with $1,000,000 in virtual cash.
2. You may trade any of the more than 75,000 stocks, ETFs AND mutual funds listed in our database.
3. All buy orders cannot exceed 1,000,000 shares per order.
4. Trades can only be processed in their entirety in “fill or kill” fashion, and will be rejected if sufficient buying power does not exist to execute the entire order.
5. The stock market simulation game is run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contest compares performance from the beginning to the end of each calendar month.
6. Groups are compared on the average performance of that group's member portfolios. Teams are allowed to communicate trading and other information freely.
7. Trades entered after market close shall be processed using the most recent closing price or after-hours price, as available.
8. Players do not have to liquidate their portfolios at the end of each month’s contest. Winners will be determined on the basis of the equity in their portfolios at the end of the final transaction day.
9. A $50 Gift certificate each month will be sent by US Mail to the verified US address of the top portfolio performer as well as the group manager for the winning group. Cheating will disqualify the winner from the prize.
10. Monthly prizes can only be claimed by emailing Smartstocks.com thru the “Contact Us” tab of the website within the first ten days of the following month. Prizes not claimed properly during this period are immediately and permanently forfeited, as solely determined by Smartstocks.com and its representatives. Prizes may be reassigned or changed at any time for any reason at the sole discretion of Smartstocks.com.